A piece of Billericay History.

Originally built as the Billericay Union Workhouse in 1840.

The original layout was built around an H shaped plan with a central block extending at the rear. The architect GG Scott designed the red brick buildings to a Tudor theme with yellow brick quoins and with the window and door dressings end with black brick diapering.