- 4 Bedroom Detached Family Home with attached DOUBLE GARAGE
- Situated on the Billericay/Great Burstead borders with open countryside around the corner
- Long Hall with attractive wood flooring and an adjoining ground floor WC Room
- Bi-fold Doors leading through good size Conservatory and double doors to Garden
- Four good size bedrooms (3 of them doubles) served by an Ensuite to the Master Bedrm & main Bathrm
- 1 of 5 similar executive houses in a small cul-de-sac off Trinity Road built by Lovell Homes in 1991
- Local shops, St Peters RC School, South Green School & the popular Kings Head all nearby
- 19ft dual aspect Lounge with feature Limestone & Marble Fireplace and new upvc Bi-fold Doors
- Kitchen/Diner and adjacent Utility Room with 'Light Oak' units incorporating a built-in Hob & Oven
- Gas Central Heating. Double Glazing. 55ft x 35ft Garden with a sunny southerley aspect.
Boasting an attached Double Garage and a sunny Garden with a southerly aspect, this 4 Bedroom Detached House was built by Lovell Homes in 1991 as one of just five similar houses, all enjoying a quiet setting within this small mews just off Trinity Road, on the edge of the Billericay/Great Burstead borders.
Although little more than a stone's throw from open Countryside, there are plenty of local amenities close at hand including the Grange Road shopping parade which overlooks the ancient village green, the very popular and highly rated Kings Head Pub & Restaurant at the other end of the Mill Road, the outstanding St Peters Roman Catholic School, South Green Infants & Junior School and the High Street is an easy bus ride or cycle at 1.4 mile.
Inside, well kept family friendly accommodation comprises a long Hall with a ground floor WC Room and attractive wood laminate flooring which extends into the Lounge with its feature 'Limestone and Marble' Fireplace, and through the new set of Bi-fold doors into the adjoining Conservatory. The 'Light Oak' Shaker style Kitchen/Diner also has the flooring in the dining area, the kitchen and its adjacent Utility Room laid with hard wearing tiles.
Upstairs three of the four bedrooms are 'doubles' and even the fourth is a good size - perfect for the home office. There are two bathrooms upstairs too, an Ensuite Shower Room to the Master Bedroom and the main Family Bathroom featuring a 'Showerbath' with a separate electric shower over its extra wide showering area.
In addition to the large patio, the 55ft x 35ft Rear Garden also features a wooden Gazebo on raised decking, perfect for those warm summer evenings.
A long hall which runs down and turns right, with a large cupboard under the stairs.
The ceiling has a smooth plastered finish with coving, as found throughout the ground floor, and the attractive wood laminate flooring runs into the lounge and conservatory beyond, along with the ground floor cloakroom and the dining area within the kitchen/diner.
GROUND FLOOR WC ROOM 5ft 4' x 4ft 3' (1.6m x 1.3m)
A nice size with a white 'cloakroom' suite complemented by light grey ceramic wall tiling and slate effect floor tiles.
The front facing window provides plenty of natural light.
LOUNGE 19ft 4' x 11ft (5.9m x 3.35m)
With glazing at either end flowing in plenty of natural light, this dual aspect lounge is a blend of pretty floral wallpaper, attractive wood flooring and the focal point Fireplace, which features a Limestone surround, Marble back panel and a hearth, and an inset electric fire.
Swish UPVC Bi-Fold doors sweep open to provide wide access through to the adjoining conservatory.
CONSERVATORY 11ft 2' x 11ft 1' (3.4m x 3.4m)
A spacious haven of relaxation with wood grain effect double glazed units and a vaulted ceiling with a fitted fan/light.
The fitted roman blinds will be remaining and a set of double doors open out to the rear garden.
KITCHEN/DINER 19ft 4' x 9ft 4' (5.9m x 2.8m)
Fitted with an attractive range of 'Light Oak' Shaker style kitchen units with ‘Baltic brown granite' effect worktops and incorporating a built-in Gas Hob with a stainless-steel Chimney style Extractor Hood above and a built-in Multi-function Oven.
One of the base cupboards houses the integrated Dishwasher and one of the eye-level cupboards houses the 'Main HE' Gas boiler.
Plenty of working light flows through the rear facing window and the ceiling has inset downlighting.
UTILITY ROOM 6ft 6' x 5ft 3' (2m x 1.6m)
With matching kitchen units and incorporating a space below for the washing machine and a larger space adjacent to the units, for a large freestanding fridge/freezer.
A part glazed back door leads out to garden.
Stairs from home to:
1st FLOOR LANDING
An internal door opens to reveal the airing cupboard housing the hot water cylinder and looking up, the loft hatch accessing the loft.
MASTER BEDROOM 12ft 6' x 9ft 7' (3.8m x 2.9m)
A front facing double bedroom with a surprisingly deep built-in cupboard going over the stairs.
ENSUITE 9ft x 5ft 6' (2.75m x 1.7m)
A good size Shower Room featuring a wooden stand for the contemporary circular basin and a double shower cubicle with a Triton 'Excite plus' electric shower.
The balance of the suite sees a close coupled WC with an adjoining Bidet and a white towel radiator.
BEDROOM TWO 11ft 1' x 9ft 8' (3.4m x 3m)
A front facing double bedroom.
BEDROOM THREE 9ft 4' x 9ft 3' (2.85m x 2.8m)
A sunny rear facing double bedroom with a built-in cupboard over the stairs.
BEDROOM FOUR 9ft 4' x 7ft 10' (2.85m x 2.4m)
Even the fourth bedroom is a fine size and being rear facing, enjoys a sunny aspect.
BATHROOM 6ft 10' x 5ft 8' (2m x 1.7m)
Fitted with a modern suite incorporating a wide White Gloss Vanity unit, close coupled WC and a 'Showerbath' with an electric shower over the extra wide showering area.
EXTERIOR - FRONT
The front garden has been block paved for low maintenance with to the left, a 4-Car drive leading up to the attached garage.
DOUBLE GARAGE 16ft 10' long x 17ft wide (5.1m x 5.2m)
The eyes will be pulled upwards, to the pitched roof which provides a huge amount of attic storage space if boarded out.
There is a rear window, part glazed courtesy door from the garden, lighting and power, and one of the two twin up and over doors is electric with a remote control.
EXTERIOR - REAR GARDEN 55ft x 35ft (16.8m x 10.7m)
The large patio invites outside dining in the warm summer months, with the balance laid to lawn with decorative borders.
In the top left-hand corner, a timber gazebo on raised decking provides an additional spot for entertaining and to the right hand side, clever screening hides two storage sheds for garden tools etc.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.
Great Burstead as a village dates back at least to AD500, when it was settled by Saxons, from Lower Saxony, nowadays better known as Germany. It was first recorded, about 975, as 'Burgestede' meaning 'stronghold-site'.
The adjacent village of South Green was first recorded as 'Southwood Greene' in 1593, becoming the more recognised South Green in 1777.
The centrepiece of Great Burstead is the Conservation area, centred around the Church of St. Mary Magdalene on Church Street and a trio of listed buildings, one of which I had the pleasure of selling about ten years ago - a beautiful16th-17th century timber framed house.
The Grade 1 listed Norman church dates back to the 12th century and was the original parish church for the whole of the area, in those days encompassing Billericay too.
Great Burstead has a great local pub on the corner of Mill Road and Southend Road, which serves great food.
The King's Head Pub dates back to 1750 when it was known as the White Horse and interestingly travellers to and from Rochford and Brentwood would stop here before passing through the toll-gate which I think stood adjacent.
The 'Outstanding' St Peter's Catholic Primary School on Coxes Farm Road is almost opposite the pub and at school run times you'll often see the Lollipop Man/Lady on duty, guiding the children across the road in front of the pub.
Along Kennel Lane are the popular small housing estates of Coopers Croft and Froden Brook. Pretty developments built in the early 1990's by Countryside Homes, on the site of the Balls Plastics factory.
The old brook itself is still there, running underground but surfaces as a culvert in the lower part of Church Street.
Opposite the developments, on the other side of Kennel Lane, is a 1.25 acre, 12ft plus deep (in places) reed fringed Fishing Lake with a good mix of different fish.
As a local agent, I associate the whole of Church Street, Mill Road, Kennel Lane and some of the roads off these as Great Burstead. A few other pockets fall into the area (part of Southend Road, Coxes Farm Road and Grange Road, etc), with the rest coming under South Green.
Towards the top of Bell Hill, Gatwick House, a Grade II listed building from 1767, now secluded from the road by trees, presides over the area which heads down towards the village green on the right.
A great parade of shops on Grange Road overlook the ancient 'Green' (originally much bigger) and together they form the heart of the area.
The shops include a Tesco Express Supermarket, Post Office, Chemist, Greengrocer and a pretty good fish and chip shop.
The local South Green Infants & Junior Schools both have 'Good' OFSTED Reports and the area falls within catchment for Billericay Secondary School, also benefiting from a 'Good' OFSTED rating.
Built in 1956 the local village hall serves the community well and on the opposite side of the road a bit further up, 'Main Road Garage' provides petrol and the usual garage services.
The bulk of the residential development has been London Borough estates, built in the 1950's and 1960's to cater for London overspill. That said, there is a number of old properties in the area, particularly around the Green, providing character appeal.
Finally, public transport. There are bus stops a-plenty in the area taking you to Billericay High Street and Mainline Railway Station in minutes and the surrounding towns in little more.
In 1997 legislation was passed resulting in the two parishes coming under the Billericay area of the Basildon District Council.